Saturday, June 26, 2010

21 Things About My 21 Month Old

So I missed the 20 month post.  Or I should say, it was so late it wasn't even worth posting!  So it has morphed into the 21 month post...right. on. time.  And by on time I mean a couple days late. 

My Lil Man has turned 21 MONTHS!  I can't even believe how fast time has flown.  It really does feel like just yesterday I held that puny little squirt in my arms.  I can feel his kicks and his hiccups when my friends talk about how their pregnancies are going.  When friend are talking about their labor pains I can feel the pressure - oh!  (And yet here I say Lord willing, I hope to be pregnant again some day...almost doesn't seem fitting to want to go through that again, but I do.)  I can feel his soft baby hair and picture those skinny, long fingers.  Just a reminder to all you new mothers out there - don't stress about the housework.  Don't worry about that baby weight, or the way your clothes fit.  Who cares if you miss a day or two of brushing your teeth?  Just hold that baby in your arms, and kiss those tiny fingers and tiny lips, sing a lullaby or two (baby loves your voice, despite of how "in tune" you are), and cherish. the. moment.  It will be over in a flash.

So in celebration of the 21 months my baby has been in my world -
21 Things I Love About My 21 Month Old


1. His cheeseball smile when I say, "smile for the camera...cheeeese!"
2. That mischevious over-the-shoulder grin he gives me when I say "no" and he's reaching to touch it anyway.
3. His desire for independence, whether that be putting on his own shoes, or jeans, or eating with a fork.
4. Driving cars up and down my legs, my back, my face...
5. His love for the great outdoors...even though it ends in a lot of temper tantrums when mama says, "not right now".
6. The unending fascination of wheels.
7.  His love of fruit - seriously it could be all he eats in a day.  There would be a lot of dirty diapers, but I would have one happy toddler!
8. His playfulness in the morning.  That kid wakes up with the hugest grin on his face every day!  Gotta love it.  How can you not?
9. His faith - yep, I said it!  If mama or daddy forgets to have him say his prayer before eating he will STOP US to pray.  OR I will see him fold his hands and mumble something about baby sister (we always pray for "baby sister in Africa").
10. His love of mama.  Yes, it can be frustrating when he won't go to anyone but me.  But I very much believe in "attatchment parenting" and I am thrilled that he loves me so much.  And it's okay to be a little scared of other people at this age.  He knows his family, and that's what matters.
11. His love of daddy.  Melts.  My.  Heart.  Those two have a relationship like none other.
12. His love of stuffed animals!  That kid could be in the crabbiest of crabby moods and you pull out a stuffed animal and he crumbles into a cuddly puddle on the floor.  Even the hardwoods.
13. His "helpfulness" - whether cooking dinner, unloading the dishwasher, or picking up his toys.  I stumble over him constantly but he wants to be right by my side.
14. His fashion sense - he faux-hawks it the BEST!
15. The copycat nature - the other day I caught him
16. His dare-devil nature may be a little scary at times, but overall it brings out uncontrollable laughter.  Like crawling into the dryer.  Like crawling into the basket under his stroller.  Like pushing his rocking chair up to the dining room chair up to the computer desk to touch the keyboard.  Like climbing into his wagon headfirst.  Like climbing off the couch by going over the arm rest.  Like jumping off furniture. We've definately had our share of laughs in the last few weeks.
17. His love of his "baby sister" (the dolly).  He kisses her, he hugs her, he rocks her in his chair, and he brings her to me and shows me where her nose and her belly button is.  It's precious.  He's going to be the BEST big brother ever.
18. His giggle.  I think I say this every month (possibly every post) but his giggle is not only adorable, but addicting!!!!!
19. His run - the hips are swaying, the little pitter-patter of footsteps throughout the house.  I hope I never forget it.
20. The snuggles - they are the best.  Period.
21. EVERYTHING about him.  Seriously.  How can I not?  People stop me all the time to tell me how sweet he is, how cute he is...well, (I'm not biased or anything) I have to agree!  =D 

Seriously...love you little man!




Photobucket

No comments: