I've been receiving a few emails about feeling extra depressed about the lack of movement on "The List" this month. I hear ya! I'm there with ya! This month has been a hard month for me too! In fact, just last week hubby came home from work and literally asked me, "Are you all right? What is wrong with you?"
Adoption is definitely a roller coaster of emotions, as you all know even by following my blog. I KNOW God's timing will BLOW me away with how perfect it is, but for right now, this wait is HARD.
However, I am having a better week this week. So what did I do to force myself out of this depressive slump?
1. I spent a spontaneous day at the zoo with some friends. Guaranteed pick-me-up!!!
2. I'm marking the end of the Summer by bringing out Fall decor....one season closer folks!
3. Change in normal menu...we've been trying some new recipes around here to switch things up. BBQ Chicken Pizza, made up casseroles....and even though Pasta Fagioli isn't a new one....its a Fall/Winter recipe....so its something we haven't made it a loooong time.
4. I cleansed my closet. Cleaned out what I don't wear. Created new outfits from what already exists. Re-organized...
5. I changed my hair. Maybe this is the "Hair Designer" in me, but changing the reflection I see in the mirror every day always helps! Give it a whirl!
Are you losing your mind over this long wait ahead? Can you not seem to get ahold of your emotions? Try some of these tricks, and let me know how it works for you. But above all, don't forget to PRAY and ASK for prayer. God hears you friend! Remember, He once pursued YOU (and me) to adopt us into HIS family. He not only hears your cry, but He knows your heart and feels your pain. Let Him be a part of this season with you.