Saturday, May 15, 2010

Do you "Get It"??

No one quite "gets it" like other adoptive families - the roller coaster of emotions, the paper pregnancy "hormones", the sometimes seemingly-unbearable wait.  It's like nothing I have ever experienced in my life, and I'm only halfway there!  In these last eight months, God has taught us so much about ourselves, our marriage, our dependency on him, His gift of children, and His love for us.  I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. 

As much as I love and appreciate the support and prayers of our friends and family throughout this journey, it's sometimes the love of complete strangers that touches me the most.  Families who have been there, who "get it", but who don't even know us except in the cyber world.  They are there to offer a word of advice, to lift you up in prayer, or use their "voice" to spread the word through the blogsphere (made up term...I think).  Us adoptive mamas have got to stick together!

Some may call us "blog stalkers" but we know that in all honesty, that's a compliment! 

So let me introduce you to an amazing family - one who has inspired us and encouraged us through their journey.  I clearly remember last Christmas "stalking" their blog for any word on their trip or picture of their sweet girl.  Hopefully this Christmas will be our turn for sharing good news!

And if this incredible video isn't enough for you, please check out their blog.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Becca Harley said...

you guys are the best family!!! We have been encouraged as well - and I must admit to being a "blog stalker"!:) I can watch that video a million times - and I cannot wait to make one!

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

I get it! I get it!

I know exactly what you mean.

The Mulder Family said...

Amen follow blogger & adoptive momma-to-be...this is totally what I needed to read today - one of those "paperwork hormone breakdowns" hit me today...I hate this waiting game...we will continue to pray you get to meet your princess before Christmas!!