Friday, May 21, 2010

Showered With Love

Saturday May 15, 2010

Today I had the honor of hosting a baby shower for my best friend Annika.  She was counting down the last four weeks of her pregnancy when I realized we hadn't done a shower in celebration of this new life she was bringing into the world!  If you know me, you know I am a sucker for baby showers (even if I always end up hosting) so it was a must (Even though I'm hosting one the very next weekend?  Why yes, I like my life chaotic!  =P). 

On the big day today, the beautiful expectant mom is only two weeks from her due date (although most of us are voting that this week Baby Hannah will make her big appearance).  It turned out that God blessed us with the perfect weekend for such an event - what a beautiful, sunny day it was here in Seattle!  So we actually moved the party to outside (talk about easy decorating...or twice as hard depending on how you look at it....now my house had to look beautiful and my yard too) so we could load up on our Vitamin D (this is a rare occasion in Seattle). 

Our theme for this celebration was "Sweet Treats"!  We stuck to snacks and fruit for the buffet and kept things very colorful.

The Decorations & Food

Lilacs from our yard
Beverage area
The buffet
Cupcakes
Marshmallow pops - a hit with the kids!




The hostesses with the expectant mother

Corie (holding Ella) Annika and Me

The Party & Guests

Big Sister







Baby Girl clothes are starting to stack up!








Baby Hannah


Congratulations Annika!  We can't wait to meet Hannah!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Great job!! Sorry I couldn't make it, we had a ton going on that day! I'm doing sweet treats theme for Jodi's family shower too... I have a great cupcake/sweet treats Cricut cartridge that I get to try out :-) I have never hosted a shower before, so I may be calling you for some pointers! lol