Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Shopping For A Cause

Since returning home from Ethiopia with my niece, my sister Laura wrote this touching post.  God really stirred my heart through this post.  I not only wanted to do what she suggested, "buying with a purpose"...but to help others do that as well. 

Sometimes it takes some real effort to search out a blog for just the right shirt or a piece of jewelry to give someone.  Or you think...I know I saw a cookbook for sale on someone's blog!  Well, in effort to support these families and ministries, we need to make things as easy as possible for people to find them.  (Not to mention this will make MY Christmas shopping just that much easier this year!)

So that's what inspired this list.  I started compiling it the day my sister wrote that post and I STILL haven't stopped.  Because even now after posting it, I've received MORE emails of people wanting their fundraisers added as well!  I couldn't be more thrilled. 


So please....I encourage you to go check it out.  Maybe compile YOUR Christmas list from this list.  Shop for your family off of the list.  Share this list on your blog, or share the link so someone else can come look at the list for their shopping needs.  PRAY that through this list and all of our COMBINED efforts, that ALL these fundraisers would be beyond successful and that the families and ministries behind them would meet their financial goals.  Let's bless the socks off of all these fundraising families and amazing ministries by supporting them as they fullfill God's calling for their lives!  And keep checking back!  Because the list is not finished.  As MORE people feel God's nudging on their hearts for the plight of the orphan, we'll have even more fundraisers added!



Photobucket

2 comments:

meredith and justin said...

Thank you so much for this list. I told my husband that I wanted all of the gifts we buy this year to help fundraising families. This list helps so much! I better get shoppin.

Alison said...

Love this list!! We are definitely shopping for a cause this Christmas! Thanks so much for doing this! I am going to have to do a post about this and link to your list! So excited!! And thanks so much for including our adoption bracelet!!