Monday, October 11, 2010

Convicted:

Have you ever read something that hit you straight to the core and just convicted you?  I just had a moment like that.  All this time I thought those distractions were good for me.  Good for my sanity.  But what if those distractions are forcing me to miss out on some real God moments?  Is my obsession with adoption blogs taking place of the quality time I should be soaking in with my two-year-old?  Soon he will have a baby sister home and absorbing much of my time.  What can I do TODAY to show him how much I love him?  What about my husband?  Has adoption, and the wait, and the listserv, and fundraising taken up so much of my brain that he feels left on the backburner?  Maybe all this time spent trying to be "informed" is consuming me to the point that I'm missing out His quiet whispers and that personal time with my Savior.

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10


Photobucket

4 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

i hear you. i often wonder about how i'm spending my time and hear God telling me just to be still.

Lara said...

I came to a point of burn out recently. My passion for the cause of the orphan was being tempered by the nitty gritty of adoption paperwork and fundraising. In all of that, it is easy to lose sight of the reason we are adopting.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

YOU'RE FINALLY GETTING IT!! Turn off the computer and enjoy these moments you have with your son and those quiet moments with your hubby. The quiet is hard-pressed to be found when you add more and more kids. God knows what you need to know, who you need to connect with and those you need to encourage you along the way. I bet, if you ask Him to show you his perfect protection for you and your need to be informed - WHILE KEEPING YOUR DISTANCE from the computer, listserv, blogs, etc. He will surprise you and give you everything you need. Praying for you to know stillness and quiet whispers from Him.