Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Resolutions: 2013

Happy New Year!!!

You know, 2012 was not a bad year by any means.  There were a lot of beautiful moments, lots of memories made, and a lot of special individuals who touched my life.  So many beautiful things, in fact, that I haven't had time to blog most of them.  But as I look forward into 2013 and what I would like to accomplish, I feel the need to make some intentional changes by reflecting on this past year.

In 2012, a lot of things happened that were completely out of our control, and yet the happened for a reason.  We dealt with a new job position, cancer, surgeries, separation, and the loss of a loved one (just to name a few of the big ones).  Many these instances left my brain muddled.  I feel like much of last year just happened, but it wasn't intentional.  We were fumbling through the crazy, just trying to make it through one thing so we could get to the other.  As a result, I have lost any sort of schedule I did have and any organization I once attempted.  I have "to-do" lists up the wazoo that aren't even half crossed off and piles of laundry up to my ears.  I have been so busy catching up on life that I haven't had any time to do some of the things that just make me feel like me.

So with a little inspiration from Whippy Cake and House of Smiths (two of my FAVorite blogs, BTW!) I have decided to choose One Little Word to push me into the new year.  One Little Word to reflect on, strive for, and define this new year.


CREATE: 1). To bring into existence. 2). To produce or bring about by a course of action or behavior.
Source: Webster's Dictionary

I want this One Little Word to remind me to:

Create one on one time with my Lord and Savior...
Create a deeper relationship with my spouse...
Create memories with my family...
Create a schedule I can stick to...
Create a system to keep me organized...
Create some me time - some time for crafting...
Create beautiful music...
Create an Etsy store...
Create healthy and kid friendly meals the whole family can enjoy...
Create a fitness routine that is fun and helps me reach my goals...

I want to be a person who finds the beautiful moments in everything, and often, that starts with your mindset.  I want to choose to focus on the positive, not the negative...to create a positive atmosphere, wherever I may be.  The word CREATE reminds me of all of these things.

Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

What One Little Word would YOU choose to inspire you this year?



Photobucket

No comments: