Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blogging: Mommy Style

I have a lot of moms tell me they are just way too busy to blog.  I get that, I really do.  That is the very reason why my number of posts from week to week (or month to month) can very so much.  Mommyhood is hard work.  I only have two and somedays I just feel like a down right mess.  Hair not combed, teeth not brushed, yoga pant wearing, non-vacuuming, laundry piling MESS!!!  We all have days like this (some of us more than others, myself included).

So how do I fit in blogging between fort building, mouth feeding, preschool teaching, grocery shopping and the many other tasks that come with the business?

In my case it is usually in the form of one of the following:

1) During nap/quiet time.
Of course this depends on my to-do list for the day or my level of exhaustion.  Some days the floor just needs to be mopped and the best time for that is nap time.  Some days I feel like I've been running non stop and simply need to relax on the couch with a good book.  Other days I multi task and fold laundry while watching some Desperate Housewives reruns or the latest episode of Nashville.  But if I am going to blog during a nap, I'm going to make the most of my precious time and try to pop out several posts and schedule them over the course of a week.

2) After bed time.
This is not my preferred method, because this is my precious one-on-one time with my husband.  He works long hours and I try to really enjoy the time that he is home and give him my full attention.  But occasionally he has a show to watch that I really could care less about, so I'll sit next to him on the couch and let my thoughts spill through my iPad.  And there is the random occasion that he has to work late, and this is a great time for me to unwind and blog for a while.

3) With a babe in my lap.
We all know there are some days that our kids won't let us out of their sight.  They cling to you like a monkey and whine in your ear.  I will try to distract them with a coloring book or by letting them pound on the piano so I can get a break for a moment...but that doesn't always work.  Of course I never get very far on a post when my littles are around, because they are my first priority.  So there are lots of interruptions for snacks and sippy cups or breaking up fights.  I usually just get a paragraph or two written or a couple photos edited.  But sometimes - that is enough to clear my head and let me get back to my mommy duties with a smile!

Well today is one of those days.  A kid-in-lap-kind-of-blogging day.  And I don't mind, as long as I'm getting these cheesy smiles instead of tears!



And hopefully someday my kids can look back over my blog (that hopefully will be made into a book?) and see that it was good for me to take some time for myself every now and then and that I was a better mommy for it.  This may be a little outlet for me - but it's all for them anyway!!! =)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it. Sounds like the same way I get my blogging done. And the pics are adorable! :)