Friday, September 7, 2012

Fall is Time to be FashionABLE!

I can't deny it anymore.  Despite the afternoon warmth on my cheeks and the sun shining through my windows, you can feel fall in the air with the frosty mornings and breezy evenings.  My house almost stays cool enough to turn the heater on for good.  Once again, summer swept through Washington far too quickly.  I feel disappointed.  Unfortunately, all efforts to convince my husband of a sunny vacation have been in vain.  So far.  (I'm not giving up easily.)

Regardless of what our vacation plans may be (or lack there of), I am making all efforts to embrace fall and all the wonderful things that come with it...

First being, our very first year of preschool for our Lil' Man!  I am a firm believer in at-home preschool (Although I'm not judging!  I don't know your circumstances...this is just what is in the best interest of our family.) so I am focusing on structured activities with my little guy.  It takes some effort on all our parts, but he seems to enjoy it more each day.

So excited to take a pic with his backpack for going no where.  =)
Cocoa couldn't resist sneaking in a pic as well =)

Second is the fall decor.  Aside from Christmas, fall just might be my favorite season of home decor!  The colors are so beautiful and I love the natural elements to design around -- pumpkins, squash, leaves, twigs.  Not to mention burlap.  I love burlap.  =)  {I just can't wait to get working on this year's fall wreath.}

Third is the start of festivities -- Halloween, harvest parties, pumpkin patches....and before you know it we've got Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years (not to mention both of my kids' birthday parties thrown in between now and then).  It's just a celebratory time of year!

Last but not least is the fall fashion.  I know this will come as a HUGE shock to ya'll!  ;)  I am known to wear boots and scarves all year long, but once fall hits it starts to become a necessity more than just a fashion statement (or at least in Seattle it does).  But as much as I dread the cooler weather, I really do look forward to leg warmers, cozy sweaters, fingerless gloves, leather jackets, pea coats, and beanies (not to mention Pumpkin Spice Lattes!  Can I get an "AMEN"!!!)!  So needless to say I've been browsing Pinterest and all my favorite online shops for inspiration for my 2012 fall style.  Out of all the color palettes, layers, and texture combinations swirling around in this chaotic head of mine...the fall staples jumping out at me MOST this season are the scarves from FashionABLE's new fall line.  Seriously ya'll....so good I can't HELP but share it with you!

Saba Infinity {Great for guys AND girls!}

Feleku in Navy/Orchid

Abeba in Marigold {Can't WAIT!!}

{And you can check out the rest of their collection HERE.}

For those of you who haven't heard of FashionABLE, it is a company that is very near and dear to our hearts.  They partner with "Women at Risk" in Ethiopia to get women off the streets, out of prostitution, and give them a sustainable business making scarves.  I encourage you to read more about their mission and commitment to these women HERE.

I'm sure if you are a regular around here you know our hearts for Ethiopia and see why this is so close to our hearts.  But if that weren't enough, our dear friends Ian and Brittany Bentley live in Ethiopia and work with FashionABLE and have developed close relationships with these brave women.  They have shared just a smidgen with us on what an impact this business is for these women, and it is truly a beautiful thing, and something I want to support.

So check them out!  It is seriously worth your time.  With each purchase you are giving these women the ability to choose a new life.  I don't know about you, but that speaks volumes to me.                    


Photobucket

No comments: