Friday, April 27, 2012

September -- Time to PAAARRRTTTYYY!!!

I can STILL hardly believe that my little Monkey has grown in to a great, big, THREE YEAR OLD!!!  That's right, it's BIRTHDAY TIME!

Since his very first birthday party, I had been dreaming of a rockstar party for the little man.  But when his second birthday rolled around, he insisted on doing something with cars....so we did a policecar birthday party.  This year, he once again had his own idea for his party theme - rocketships!  Well I ran with it, gathering inspiration from pinterest and anywhere google would lead me...and I've got to say -- I was THRILLED with the results (or most of it, at least)!  (And don't worry....if you've seen Monkey's room reveal, you'll notice I got my rockstar decorating on at least somewhere!)

But....since we were throwing a party and technically still cocooning (wow, we are pro's at breaking the rules, right?!?)...we figured...why not make it a double party.  Since family is driving two stinkin' hours to get here...let's do Cocoa's dedication on the same day!!

So after staying up waaaaay past my bedtime, I got up before the sun to finish cleaning and decorating.  With the crockpot heating Hawaiian meatballs for 40 people, we headed off to church meeting our entire (okay, almost entire...a few were missing) family.  We were running late, as usual.  For some reason I think I'm somehow going to improve on this.  But low and behold, we run in and I'm styling Miss' hair during worship.  No joke.  Two kids is no joke.  It does NOT get easier folks!!!  But oh -- so much joy fills my heart!!!

It was a beautiful service, and Pastor Bob shared M's beautiful names and the meaning behind each of them and blessed her.  My heart was going to explode!   And Cocoa was just a gem up on stage...her eyes sparkled, she flashed her big gummy smile, and kept leaning her head aaaalllll the way back to look up at daddy and then squeal and kick her legs!  She had the entire congregation in a puddle.  And if you think this moment couldn't be any more special....you're wrong.  Miss was our first internationally adopted baby dedicated at SCC!!  Pastor Bob shared that he has a picture of M (that I gave him) in a frame with a "#1" on it.....because this is just the START of an adoption movement in our church!!!   Like I said....my heart = exploding! =)






After our service, I had to cut conversations short to hurry back home and throw a spectacular party for my Lil Man!!!  The crockpot was done...but I had some other things to prepare.  We kept it just family in hopes that we wouldn't completely overwhelm Cocoa.  I must say, I was impressed with that girl!  Again, I felt like we had come a loooong way in bonding!  We let a few of her aunties hold her for the first time, but she spoke up when she was done (whereas before she would charm her way out of a stressful situation, now she was crying when she felt overwhelmed -- HUGE).  At one point grandma was holding her and she couldn't see me because I think her silly uncle stepped between us ;) and she started crying out "MAMA!"  Of course, grandma brought her to me instantly.  But it was good to know she was relying on me.  She could handle the crowd in our small house, as long as she had mommy or daddy.









These were a melting mess....but fun idea










Having WAY too much fun =)
I snagged my brother to get a family photo for us


My brother and his wife....LOVE my crazy family =)


Oh yeah...can't forget those crockpot meatballs!  MMMM!

I hate that my niece is blurry here....but love the pic so I had to share!



Miss....attached at the hip as usual =)



Always a winner....cars from his uncle!



Yay!  Stuff for his kitchen!!!

Haha...where did my son go??



Happy Birthday Buddy Boy!!!

As I'm sure you can guess....Monkey had a BLAST!!  What is better than having all (or most) of your cousins over at one time, eating cake, and opening presents?!?!  THANK YOU again to our amazing family for sharing in this UBER special day with us, all the while being sensitive to Cocoa's needs at the time.  You all are the BEST!!!

And waaaaay back ago,  I saw this really cool thing on Pinterest, that you ask your kids 20 questions every year on their birthday (starting when they can talk of course)...and I just thought it would make a great memory. Although at THIS age, the answers to these questions vary day-by-day...but it's fun nonetheless!!! (I actually did this ON his birthday, I promise!)

20 QUESTIONS FOR MY 3-YEAR-OLD:

1: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
Purple 
(...two days ago it was blue)

2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TOY?
Helicopter 
(...you know, the one he saw in the store yesterday and won't stop talking about?)

3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FRUIT?
Strawberries

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SHOW?
Rocketship show!!!
(...or for those of you who don't watch the Disney Channel....Little Einsteins!)

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO EAT FOR LUNCH?
Strawberries
(He still can't think of any food better since we brought up the fruit thing!)

6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OUTFIT?
"Big Brother" Shirt

7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GAME?
Car Game
(The Game of Life)

8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SNACK?
Yogurt

9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ANIMAL?
Teddy Bear...Panda
(Because of course we have to specify our favorite teddy!)

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG?
Rocketship Song and Pick Up Song
(Little Einsteins theme song and Imagination Movers song..."pick it up, pick it up now" which he was just listening to before I sat him down to ask questions.)

11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
Bunny Book
(All Together Now)

12. WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Jude and Emmy!!!
(How could you pick just one, right?)

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
(Won't answer this one....but right now it is oatmeal with strawberries.)

14. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO OUTSIDE?
Ride my bike

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DRINK?
Milk

16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY?
Christmas

17. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO TAKE TO BED WITH YOU AT NIGHT?
Stuffed Animals
(A bazillion of them, with "1, 2, 3, 4 blankets mama!")

18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT BREAKFAST?
Milk
(With oatmeal or cereal or pancakes or muffins...ya know!)

19. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR DINNER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?
BIIIIIG CAKE!!!
(What else???)

20. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
At a space station!
(My suggestions of working at a police or fire station weren't good enough =)  He had to take it into outer space!!  Haha!)



Happy Birthday precious boy!!!  You make us laugh more than any boy we know!  You have the craziest sense of humor, the most contagious laugh, and the goofiest grin!  You make our life a happier place just by being in it!  Don't ever change who you are (unless who you are yells "no" less and stops pushing his sister...lol) because you are PERFECT...just the way God made you!!  We are so blessed that God chose us to be your parents and we thank Him every day for giving us YOU!   Go out there and shine your light for Him!!!

Photobucket

No comments: