Monday, July 22, 2013

Less Is More

Summer fashion this year has me just drooling.  The colors and textures are just right up my alley, like I've mentioned here before.  I love pastels, and fancy bows, and girly ruffles and lace.  But since I'm paying for my own wardrobe and money doesn't grow on trees (somedays I really miss my high school allowance), I have to fight the urge to buy every trend that hits the shelves season after season.  In reality, I understand that most of us do.  What I have learned most over the years is that when you need to buy less, you carefully think through each purpose.  You look over the quality and make sure it will last.  And when you do that, sometimes it turns out that less really is more.  Because high quality pieces (and especially timeless high quality pieces) will last you season after season and year after year.  And that's not to say I spend a lot on my clothes.  But I do look at what they are made of and if I can use them for multiple seasons.

I love this outfit.  It's simple and chic and honestly....really comfortable.  This tank is flowy and breathable, but not too low cut and doesn't show your bra straps.  It's a great way to stay cool on a warm day while running errands with the kids.



Yes, I am very aware that my pedicure is chipped and needs to come off (how embarassing ;) but busy moms don't always make time for those kind of mundane tasks.  BUT - I did want to show you my new shoes I got!  I was looking for a comfortable pair of black heels, and well, these wedges had me at hello!



A chic out fit needs a simple hair do, and what's more perfect on third day hair than the simple top knot?!?  Have you tried this look this summer?  Another go-to for me when my hair is too greasy to be left down but I don't want to wash it quite yet.  (Sorry if that grosses you out, just being honest!)  Have super fine hair and wondering how to make it last one more day?  Invest in a little hair powder, brush it through, and then sweep your locks back into something like this.  Try it - you might just thank me!!! ;)


Oh how I love the light airy colors of summer.  I'm going to miss pulling off these tones come fall, that's for sure!  Thankfully there will be a lot of bold and vibrant hues to replace them!  =)

Speaking of summer, I'm doing the dreaded bathing suit shopping now.  Our family is headed to the lake not too long from now and my last year's bathing suit no longer fits!  That's actually a good thing....but I still hate bathing suit shopping.  Especially when my body is not where I want it to be yet. But oh well, getting healthy takes time if you do it right.  Right?!?  ;)

Happy Monday friends!  Would love to hear how y'all are doing.  Maybe we should have another blog coffee date?  Thoughts??


Photobucket

Top: Francesca's Collections (similar)
Pants: A Boutique in Franklin
Shoes: Target (here)
Earrings: Francesca's Collections (old)
Watch: Francesca's Collections (similar)

2 comments:

Brittany Kyte said...

I'm in love with your hair. You've got the perfect up-do going on!

Mama Mimi said...

You are so sweet for saying that Brittany, thank you!