Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ABC's...and Pickles too!

Being a mom can be so fun, so frustrating, and so rewarding...even at the same time!  I know all you moms out there know exactly what I'm talking about.

My Hollywood has a stubborn streak to him.  He gets it from both of us (but mostly his dad).  Lately his stubbornness has been in reference to learning his ABC's.  I was convinced for months that my four year old didn't know his ABC's and therefore have been pushing him with working on it.  Shortly after our friends convinced us to try Netflix (completely unrelated to his ABC's) and we discovered Super Why (completely related)...I learned that he in fact DID know his ABC's.  It really shouldn't have come as such a shock to a mother of a boy who went from not talking to full sentences at 2 1/2.  And yet...I still have not quite figured out the magic trick to get past the stubbornness.



But alas, I can relax knowing my kid can go to Kindergarden fully able to say his ABC's (note to self...we need to figure out what we're doing for Kindergarden).

So yes, it is a bit frustrating when my little man will only recite the alphabet up to a "G" and then end his song with "and pickles too all done" (don't ask)?  Yes.  But maybe it just makes it all the more rewarding when he makes it all the way to "Z" and wants to do it again.  But even if it didn't, this kid's crazy expressions would make it all worth it... =)

I love you, crazy!


Photobucket

No comments: