Friday, July 19, 2013

Fashion Friday: The Half Up Top Knot

I know what you're thinking.  I'm getting really good at this whole blogging thing!  You know, this whole, 3 posts a week and then two weeks of silence stuff is pure GOLD, right?!?  ;)

Okay.  So in fact that opposite is true.  And I always have an excuse, it's true.  But I hope you'll forgive me once again as I work on balancing mommy-hood and my blog.  =)

I'm back today for you with a little hair fashion!  I have been seeing this look on several of my favorite bloggers and I'll admit, I was hesitant to give it a try.  I'm such a perfectionist that the messy-on-purpose look is kind of hard for me to achieve.  But I put on my big girl pants and decided there was no harm in trying.  And guess what?!?  I love it!  It really was easy (I did it on second day hair so it wouldn't be so silky it would fall out) and casual and works for this busy mama's life!

The Half Up Top Knot


Also today I'm wearing one of my go-to summer outfits!  This shirt is super light weight and perfect for keeping me cool when it's hot outside, and simply belting it keeps it from looking frumpy.  And yes, these shorts are some old jeans I cut off.  Not the cutest thing....but I have a really hard time finding shorts I like so I'm going with it until I find a pair I do!!!


These photos are curtesy of my lil man, and yes, the diva was making some FACES today, hahaha!  She soooo cracks me up! =)



I know the half up top knot won't be everyone's favorite - and honestly, that's okay.  But I'd love to hear your thoughts.  What do you think of the look and would you try it out?  Make sure if you do, to post it on Instagram and tag me (@thisdomesticateddiva) so I can see!  Mkay???

Now.  The sun broke through the clouds again so I am on my way outdoors to plan some more flowers.  Better late than never, right?  Happy Friday!


Photobucket


Top: Francesca's Collections (Similar)
Belt: Target (old)
Shorts: old jeans I cut off
Glatiater Sandals: Payless Shoes (old)
Watch, Bracelet, and Earrings: Francesca's Collections (Here, Here, and Similar)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the half-up top knot! You look adorable! I'd like to try it too. Maybe you could show me how next time you're up here, or tell me how??? :)
Aunt Connie

Mama Mimi said...

Well thank you Aunt Connie! And yes, I would love to show you how =)