Friday, October 1, 2010

October is Here!!!! Yay Fall!!

A mere three weeks ago I was still in denial about the clouds and rain taking over my summer and would have never thought I'd be celebrating this day.  Funny what a little perspective can do to you! =)

Today we are breaking out the fall decor (yes, I know I said I would do this last month, but I just couldn't, okay?) and making my house festive for the new season that is among us!  (And I've got to say, my first sneak peek at the Pottery Barn Christmas Decor caused a little squeak squeal outta this woman, Monkey definately laughed!)  This is the time of year to celebrate, I plan on making the most of it!!!!  Who wouldn't celebrate with all this to look forward to:

First comes Halloween (hello costumes)...
Then comes Thanksgiving (hello turkey & mashed potatoes)...
Then our Anniversary (hello 7 years!)...
Then Christmas (hoping for snow)....
Then New Years (hello 2011)...
Then our Lil Miss' REFERRAL (hello sweet face!!!)...

I won't lie to you though...I wouldn't mind if the last one was out of order a wee bit ;)  So...when you are coming to OUR household, here's the new rule....

Until further notice, CELEBRATE everything!!!!

We even had to break out the Halloween shirt (you only get to wear it for so long you know...)


Never fails to make me smile! =)  Speaking of cheesy smiles...you know how many times I tried to get a pic of the two of us today?????



Hahaha!!!  MY smile in the first and MONK's in the second....what a pair we make!  Here's some more of the cute shirt...


LOVE that shirt!!! ;)  Although where did the raisins and milk go???
We also had a major rock-session over here!


"Baby are you down, down, down, down doooown..."  Yeah....we were rockin' to Jay Sean's "Down"...call me a bad mom, but that song is AWESOME!  LOVE his expression in the middle one!  LOL!

So the house decor....check out my hard work!!!  It's definately looking like Autumn around here, no???




Yes....that is a nose-sucker/aspirater and a baggie of Veggie Crisps in there!  It's kinda the dump zone when we walk in the door =)  Gotta be real, right?!?

And this is my FAVORITE part of my fall decor....my newest project inspired by Andrea at Babe Of My Heart which was inspired by Tatortots & Jello


Doesn't my front porch look pretty!?!?  So funny story about this project.  Andrea's spin on the original said to do it on a straw wreath....

LOL....well I realized after the SEVENTH time of looking at her pictures that we had VERY different ideas of what a "straw wreath" was...but I still liked this!  This project was under $5 for me too, so that made for a happy mama!!!  Just had to buy a wreath, some burlap (I think I only used 1/4 yard) and some more hot glue ('cause I ran out)....the rest was all scrap fabric and rhinestones from my headbands (and I never even used those colors...so SCORE!).

Oh yeah....and I found this cute candy corn necklace on the dollar rack when I was checking out at Joann's....so I cut it apart and used the candy corns for a little Halloween festive-ness!!!  And my "Happy Fall" sign was not staying by HANGING on a paperclip (maybe if you used the teeny ones it would be fine) so I hot glued them to the top.  I love sometimes how mistakes make yours completely custom and fun!!!  So what do you think?!?

What do YOU have to look forward to this season???  What are you putting up for your Fall decor??  Send me a link, I'd love to come check it out and get to know my readers a bit more!!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenny said...

love all your fall decor!!! i just planted some more flowers yesterday... more mums and pansies! i love fall! especially this year!!! PLEEEEEEASE let us get our referral this fall!!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

I look forward to 6 birthdays & adoption days in Nov/Dec. Oh yeah soon to be #7 because our adoption for Joanna will probably ib Nov too :) I totally LOVE Christmas traditions toooo!!!! And cooler weather for us that is anything cooler than the 90's :)

The Mulder Family said...

I like fall but Spring & Summer are my seasons...I absolutely love your decorations!! I am looking forward to hearing what turns out with this birthmom...praying this season!!!

Alison said...

Love your fall decor! I don't have ANY fall decorations out yet...I am so behind!! Gotta get started this week! :)

Unknown said...

Holy SMOKES girl you are SO dang creative!!! and FESTIVE!!! and FUNNY!!! ha ha! :) BTW, do they make little Monkey's shirt in MY size! I LOVE IT!! ♥

Thanks for such a great post - I feel inspired to do a lil something around here now. :)